Hello Terzaghi,

I agree with your interest on seeing the vintage designs of speaker companies. The design in this pair of subwoofers makes me wonder why the binding posts are on the front of the speaker with no cover to hide the wiring. I am not sure what the primary reason to do this would be by Axiom.

I understand that the subwoofer can be placed out of sight and work effectively but in our situation this setup will be used in a small apartment/university dorm room and therefore will be stacked for space saving underneath a set of AX-2 speakers that have the same isosceles trapezoid (near a triangular) shape. We won`t be able to turn the speaker around to hide the wiring because of the distinct isosceles trapezoid shape of both speakers. One trapezoid backwards stacked underneath another trapezoid facing forward would look weird and be unstable.

I bought the speakers for my son from different sellers because they were cheap given the vintage and I wanted to hear what old Axioms would sound like. He has been playing the AX-2s in his bedroom (about 10 square meters) and they sound good. By themselves my wife thinks they have more than enough bass but you know us guys. We can never get enough clean bottom end. That is what brought on the experiment with the AX-120s.

I will post an update sometime later on the sound check once they are wired up.

Cheers

James