Being a died-in-the-wool Macintosh guy, I was amused to see your moniker. I have attached a link you can check here to see if you have an audition opportunity in Washington. Looks like there is one in Ephrata. If that doesn’t work for you, drop Amie an email and she might be able to hook you up.

Let me suggest you also stop in [url=http://www.audioreview.com/SearchResultscrx.aspx?forumchoice=&forumchoice%5B%5D=&sortby=&do=process&s=&query=&Index=&showposts=0&searchterm=Axiom&section=ByBrand here [/url] for another set of reviews.

I don’t know much about MK speakers, but I am a happy Axiom M60/VP100/QS8 guy, and I drive them with a Denon 3803. (Congrats on the 3805 BTW) I’m not sure what your volume requirements are, but I have not been able to max out the speakers with the Denon. I’ve tried a couple of times, but I can never remember the volume setting I reached when I finally regain consciousness,. Then I need to spend time cleaning up the insects and dead birds around the perimeter of the house and lose interest. The main difference between the 60s and 80s is head room/louder volumes the 80s afford (there will be more input offered from others based on this statement ), so you might want to give Axiom a call and discuss room dimensions and what the room opens into. If the room is too small, the 80s might be too much speaker.

As far as subs go, SVS and HSU do then as their line of business. They are excellent. I don’t know how the Axiom subs line up, but I have an SVS and it is special. Certainly there will be opinions added here, so I won’t dwell on the issue. The additional review site I provided above may be of some assistance for the sub discussion. There really is not a “matching” issue relative to subs – they just do their thing. The subs also require understanding of the dimensions and the playing environment.

In any event, welcome to the discussions and enjoy the hunt.