Is she a German Shepherd? She's already got her toy chosen eh? She's gona be big, just look at that paw...

P.S.

A couple things that i thought of. I don't know if this is your first big dog or not, but mine is my first.. A couple things that i have been told.

Never let them play with tennis balls, because they can compress and get swallowed.

fill Kongs with a peanut butter food mix, and freeze. I have bought about 20 Kongs some for catch toys, others for peanut butter treats. Amazon is the least expensive place i have found.

My dog also REALLY likes Larcrosse balls, but only the white ones...

If you have a truck or SUV, don't let her jump down when she gets older. This jars their joints and can cause future problems. Even though my dog is 100lbs, i hold him and place him on the ground, he knows he's not suppose to jump out of the explorer on his own.

knuckle bones, these are what the dogs at my house get as a meat treat. I get them as a whole piece. which is about the size of your fist to 1 1/2 times that size, my butcher also has smaller pieces that are cut up, which are about the size of an oreo cookie. They cost about 3$ each from my local butcher. Never let the dog have any kind of cooked bone at all. As the bone gets cooked it becomes brittle and can splinter as the dog eats it.

Anyhow, these are tidbits that dog trainers/breeders/vets have given to me. I thought i would pass the information on to you, some you may know, some may be new.

Last edited by dakkon; 06/11/12 04:06 AM.