So we just got back last week from Los Angeles, and I am 2 weeks out from spending a week with the in-laws (all of them) in Myrtle Beach.

What the heck is there to do in Myrtle Beach? I've seen the visitor's information web site and all that, but it seems to be 4 things there:
1) Beach (duh)
2) Fishing (no thanks)
3) Golfing (nope, can't golf so I won't do it)
4) Tourist trap stuff (Ripley's things everywhere, and such)

The amusement park, water park, and things like that are pretty small for our family (the heck with the in-laws, they can figure their own stuff out grin ), the zip lines are over some empty lot (lame).

So far, I think that we will find some pier or two to go down to if they have any interesting street performers, walk the boardwalk, hit the beach/pool, and my family will probably want to hit one of the shopping areas.

I plan to take some of my kites along, but unlike this guy I don't have a buggy, so I may only mess with my smaller kites to prevent too many face plants on the beach due to winds (the big kite pulls HARD in almost no wind).

Anything else to do?

I keep thinking that one of these days someone from here will actually live near a place I am visiting and invite me over, but I think people are scared of us Iowans...

Farewell - June 4, 2020