One of these days I'm gonna have the wherewithall to upgrade my current sub to Axiom. As I fantasize about that, it occurs to me that -- due to the rapidly esacalating prices of the larger and/or DSP-enabled models -- it would actually be cheaper to get two smaller subs, rather than one larger model. Say, for instance, two EP175s as compared to one EP500. I've often read about (but never experienced) the benefits of two subs in a room, to level out some of the quirks of room response.

I know I'd give up a few hertz at the very bottom end, and I know the DSP in the EP500 goes a long way toward leveling out frequency response. Nevertheless, it seems intriguing.

BTW, I've got a pretty big great room, about 20 by 20 with a vaulted ceiling that peaks at 20 feet. I'm using M22s with a VP150 and QS8s for surround. My current sub (a Klipsch) does a decent job of filling the space, but it's easy to localize. I can't help thinking that two smaller subs might end up providing a better soundfield over all.

And before you suggest it, I know two EP500s would be the best answer, but that's not even in the realm of the possible.

Whaddya'll think?

Music is the best -- FZ