If you have any shelves or bookcases flanking your seating position, you might want to make some of your own stands.

I made some temporary QS8 stands our of some scrap 1x6 pine boards that were prototypes of the door frames I made for my house (ok... they were mistakes - there, I said it. Are you happy NOW?). To tell you the truth, they were so stable, that I thought of possibly making a new set out of nice wood and giving them a nice finish job.

I'll warn you in advance, the pics are VERY poor quality. I took them in a hurry using a laptop and a quickcam. They are sitting on a white door on sawhorses in a primer white room. (And ironically, they are sitting on a box labeled QSS stands, which I do not have. A replacement M60 grill came in it.) Scroll right to see them all.

Construction notes:

I used a router with a homemade jig and a 3/4" straight cut bit to make the slot in the base board.

I used 2 screws up from the bottom to hold it together. I had to use a rubber mallet to get the vertical piece into the slot on the base, so it would have been strong enough without screws. I like to screw things. Ooops.. together, that is. Glue would work as well.

The slot is 3/8" deep.

The top of the QS8 is 15" off of the surface the stand sits on.

The bottom of the QS8 is 7 1/2" above the surface. (6 3/4" above the base board)

The base is 12" long (1 1/2" behind the vertical, 3/4" for the slot, and 9 1/4" in front of the vertical). I believe that I could have used less in the back, but some is needed back there to form the slot. The front, at 9 1/4 inches seems to be much more than necessary. I'de bet 6 or 7 inches would be OK. I just whipped them together in 5 minutes, and that was the arbitrary size that came out of the saw.

The vertical piece is just a 13 7/8" length of 1x6 pine.

The base is I mounted the QS bracket to the wood using only 3 screws. The top of the bracket is 1/8" below the top of the wood.
These were VERY stable both side to side and front to back.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.