Quote:
I have no internet in my house.

I have no solution, and am quite shocked that everybody just let that go without the required amount of good-natured, brotherly sh!t.

I mean, don't you think you should work on the indoor plumbing, first?

Obviously, you need internet. But do you have specific content in mind that you want/need to stream, or is it just something it seems like you should do?

My experience is that - if you're sitting on the couch - user interface is EVERYTHING. After trying numerous solutions, I found that Mrs. Tuttle requires a streaming appliance (Roku, Apple TV, etc.) rather than a PC to access the content. So, I would strongly urge you to build that into your thinking.

We really like DTV. And it's DVR-ness. So, about the only thing we consume off the internet is Netflix. I don't think there is a way to capture a Netflix stream, but you're welcome to spend your time trying, of course.

Could you just stay up until midnight to start your downloads? Seems like an easy solution to me.

Or how about your phone? Do you have a fancy-schmancy Android phone? I don't know what everyone's data situation is like. My Android phone has an HDMI-out, so I could hook it up to the system and stream content via 4G. I don't know how it would scale, but when faced with satellite internet, I look for other solutions.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem