Originally Posted By: Hellcommute
If you can get into the 50" class tvs then your options open up. Not much to choose from in quality plasmas anymore in the 40-49" class. Seems like LCD is the more affordable choice for your size, but there are comprimises as you mentioned.

Yes and that is why i have the list to help narrow down a choice. We cannot go larger. The TV would be out of proportion to the wall and what sits under it.

Quote:

Wall mounting and angled down at the viewing position will cut down on room glare from lights and such. Don't mount opposing a window if possible. You will make a mirror. Good luck.

And again, this is not an option. We have 2 walls in this room aside from the window. The other wall has a fireplace and heat venting above it. Nothing can go in front of those vents and our seating only arranges in the one direction. People would have to crank their heads to watch a tv over the fireplace AND i would have to rearrange locations for the whole stereo setup which wouldn't work in this config. For one, i would have a speaker blocked by the end of a couch arm situation...
The only, and easier route is to get a tv that fits on the obvious blank wall opposite a picture window.

So, no glossy screens then?
That cuts down on options even further if that is the case.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."