Hmm. I plan on buying more new-release blu-rays this month than most months that I can remember.

Streaming seems nice, but the quality isn't always there, especially if your internet speed dips a little. I also want the best picture and sound for my theater, and streaming artifacts and lower quality sound become VERY evident at 138" and with 7.1 sound in a treated room.

This topic comes up every few months somewhere, and someday it might happen, but I don't see the death of it. Maybe sales are down because the movies out (prior to this week's The Dark Knight Rises release) have been pretty weak for a while.

Oh, and don't forget that in many markets, people have a cap on download size (only so many GB per month), that goes quickly with streaming anything of decent quality.

So, do I stream? You would think not with my above comments, but I do stream... I stream TV shows from Hulu when I am traveling. I will sit on one laptop doing something while Hulu plays whatever TV shows I am subscribed to on the other (or surf and watch on the same depending on how large of image I want to see). I love that convenience, but then again, when I am at home, I never seem to have time to sit down and watch one of my TV shows since most of them my family won't watch with me, so they queue up for me to watch when traveling. Of course, for TV shows, I am not so concerned about quality on a 15.6" screen and with laptop speakers.

Farewell - June 4, 2020