I just had an experience I thought I should share to the board..

I had decided today to do some re-adjusting of the surround setup on my reciever (Marantz SR-8300). I had already adjusted the gain for each of the speakers when I received the amp and set everything back to factory. I immediately noticed that the sound coming from my left surround (QS8) was much louder than I remembered. I put my ear close to the left then the right speaker and sure enough the left was much louder. Crap ... I though I had an amp problem. To be sure I swapped left and right posts on the back of the amp. Same thing - oh no, I have a speaker problem. I then swapped the left and right QS8 and, lo and behold, the sound from the left position is the same. Odd, I thought.

I took a good look at my room layout - due to the space I have available, the left QS8 is close to a corner. With the receiver on and the QS8 off, the sound clearly resonates in this corner. With the QS8 on, the sound is amplified quite a bit. This says a lot for properly laying out a room
The location of the QS8 close to a corner and the placement of the M60's were enough to amplify sound beyond any of the other speakers.

Sean

Exaudio ergo cogito ergo sum