[quote=co I did a lot of research before I bought the receiver because there are a lot of die hard audacity fans out there because of the sub EQ and there are a lot of different opinions of how much the sub EQ really adds to the overall sound quality. Ultimately I decided it wasn't that important to me and when with the Pioneer and I am very happy with it. The only thing I noticed is that when Mcacc finished it's calibration the sub level was set really low. I checked it with my SPL meter and it was about 7 decibels lower than the rest of my speakers. I adjusted it back up manually and now it sounds great. [/quote]

I also researched as you did and also feel the same way as to the importance of having sub EQ. Yes it might be a nice feature but not on top of my list for sure. What was top priority for me was reliability first and foremost. I was also intrigued by their D3 class amps, drawing less current and then using it far more efficiently than A/B class amp receivers.

This Elite model was mastered at the legendary Air studios of London and certified. The Elite line come highly recommended both through professional reviews, and many owner's on several forums. I have friend with a 15 year old pioneer and has never had any problems. Yes reliability first, but there is a lot to like about this receiver.

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.