The 30 day money back guarantee is a safety net, so I'm not that afraid to get them and dislike them.

My tastes so far have been that I dislike Klipsch's floorstanding and bookshelf models, since they are not only bright, but seem to lack a midrange and bass depth I was expecting from speakers that weren't satelites. They were tinny. I don't need tons of bass, but a lot of the midrange and lower bass just wasn't there... tinny is the perfect word for what _I_ was hearing.

Athena's AS-F2 sounded close to perfect to me. A neutral sound, with just the right amount of midrange, bass, and treble. Nothing really sounded exaggerated through them.

I was considering factory outlet Axiom M60ti speakers with a Harman Kardon AVR230 receiver and to biwire them with some 12 guage cable.

Basically, I have heard many places that this is a bright speaker(thus the HK receiver I wanted to offset the brightness), which gives me the idea that these may have a tinny sound with bloated treble. What is your experience with this? I know I could always send them back, yet I'd prefer to know what kind of speaker I was getting before I order and decide to send back for being too bright/tinny. Should I expect a superior nicer sound to the Athenas with my taste? I was seriously considering them, yet their most expensive speaker was a bit below my budget and I thought I could do better with another company.

Thanks.