I am going to explain this as simple as I can. First off I am a newbie, so forgive my ignorance. I just received my M60'S to replace the M50'S, I have the Denon 1802 for a reciever to drive 'em. The problem is I had the M50's for just under a month and they sounded nice and big (they replaced a pair of M22'S). The only reason I replaced the M50'S is for even bigger sound, Here is the problem, the Denon had the 50'S sounding crystal clear with plenty of bass (keep in mind I dont have a sub but I do have a VP150 center). Now the just recieved M60's sound muffeled (sorta like if you'd cover your hand over the phone) even in the same mode on the reciever that the M50's were in. I've tried the other various modes messed with the bass & treble and the only one that sounds ok is the Dolby Surround PL 2 mode and even then it places too much info to the center. I've tried tweaking with all other modes and even when I take the volume down in the center channel it sends more info to the M60's, but once again muffled. I know it's not the reciever so is it something I'm doing wrong. Also when i play in this mode It doesnt go as loud as the 5 Channel stereo mode did with the M50'S. Iv'e heard various posters say that the Axiom line is overly bright, well my problem at least with this current setup is UNDERBRIGHT...........PLEASE HELP!!!!