Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Certainly. But with the tankless I can use the shower right after someone and still be dealing with cold water. On the other hand with a normal water heater there would be instantaneous hot water for that person.

I have had an instantaneous water heater for 5-6 years. The aforementioned is completely false regardless of the distance from the tank because the water doesn't have enough time to cool in the pipes. If you have a shower right after someone, an on-demand water heater provides the identical performance that a conventional water heater will.

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Or someone washing their hands in the washroom a half hour later. But still, I have never waited so long than with that tankless system and even then I just gave up on the hot water while washing my hands. Never have done that before.

The first sentence is very true, but this is because there's been a long span between calls for hot water at that point. ergo the water cools. The remainder of the paragraph indicates that the water heater isn't quite working to it's potential. A very common causation of an underperforming tankless unit is mineral deposits. Most people don't know that the tanks a *supposed* to be flushed with vinegar once a year.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.