Originally Posted By: michael_d

What do you take to the track Nicky?

LOL I know, I know. I think that the car looks great, but in the wording they talk about the large 300 pound weight reduction, but then also comment that the car was a bit "portly" already, so what... It is now down to the weight it should have been to start?

And it is clear that outside of some minor body changes (most people wouldn't know the difference in the Z/28 vs other Camaros except for the black parts that have been added.

GM's recipe for their "success" is to make a vehicle that weighs what the regular model should, shove a larger engine in it, put on a bigger spoiler, diffusers, side rocker "enhancements", slicker (as in less tread, not slippery) tires, and bam... You have their version of a track car.

I think that the Camaro deserves better treatment than it got. They started with a great looking car with good performance, and rushed on the concept to stir hype about it.

What is the price going to be for it?

Oh, and if I had the funds for a track car that is amazingly fun to drive? Ariel Atom, hands down. Street legal version with lights and such. A well equipped one would blow the socks off of the Camaro on the track, handle better, and be more visceral (exciting) for probably a similar price point. The Atom also has no radio and no A/C like the Camaro. smile

I would end up chipping the front diffusers on the Camaro trying to drive it around town.

Again, I am not slamming the Camaro as it is one of my favorite looking cars at the moment. cool

I just think that GM still needed to churn some more hours in R&D before putting the Z/28 nameplate on it.

Farewell - June 4, 2020