Originally Posted By: axiom_man
Given the subs are low freq. does it really make a big difference ?
I cannot daisy chain the subs. SO, I use a Y adapter coming out of the amp now.
I have a friggin Pioneer VSX 1252-k ( SC-32 equivalent ) Had a Denon 3808, however lightening hit the house and took it out. Yes, had it on a surge protector, but, had it in the wrong friggin circuit andit was a bypass.
Anyways, the insurance company, didn't think I needed a 4 ohm amp for my highly priced speakers I guess, had to send pics and info on them. Needless, to say after a few days, he agreed a 8 ohm (normal ) amp wasn't enough. So, he offered to replace it with this amp and I said yeh ok.

Enough rambling, that is to be replaced this summer with either a Anthem 500 or a Marantz 6007 and a Emotiva XPA 3.

However, the Anthem is a 7.1 and the Marantz is a 7.2. and just wondering "if" the .2 is that much of a noticeable difference ?

PS, house is finally being built and the movie room is
13.6'W x 18.5'L x 8' H
I will sit 11 ft from the fronts. The M80 will be about 6" off the back wall and about 1ft from the side. The Side QS8 are 6.5 ft my sitting position and the rears are 5ft.

PS, not sure if I am going with the VP160 or VP180, yet and I am seriously looking at the Martin Logan Depth One, Just not suite sure yet, may go with dual EP500 or SVS 12 plus.
I heard the ML and it really kicks butt

Obviously, the .1 or .2 refers to whether or not you wish to use one sub or two which will, as everyone knows, depend on your room acoustics. In the case of the Anthem, if you want to use two subs, all you will need is a "Y" plug out of the AVR to accomplish that. Compared to the use of the "Y" plug, individual subwoofer connections as applied to the Marantz, especially with bass, other than maybe some minor volume differences which can be adjusted at the sub anyway, have virtually no affect on what you may be hearing.

My own personal preference is always have, at least, two subs to deal with any room anomalies and "dead" spots especially since you have a fair size room and when set-up with the proper phase and volume balance between them, the overall bass response with two or more subs will be smoother AND more dynamic, a noticeable difference as opposed to just one.