"Damn it Jim. I'm a doctor not an acoustical engineer..... with a large budget..... and the right software."

Without delving into the technical that I can't speak to because I don't play either of the above on TV...

Step 1. Sart with the M80s about 2 to 4 inches from the back wall so the rear ports have some room for rear 'portification.' Some tonality, mostly in the bass area, will change slightly as they get closer/further from the wall. There are no rules, just experimentation.

Step 2. Play with a little bit of toe-in until things sound nice wherever you sit. Ignore where everybody else sits or you will start down a long road of never ending adjustment. Enjoy!!!

Step 3. Start worrying about what others hear or otherwise decide to move something and stumble down the never ending, icy road of adjustment. Wave to the rest of us.

Step 4. Remember that your receiver does automatic EQ analysis. Run that and be happy again.

Step 5. Wonder if you moved your speakers slightly and re-ran the auto-setup on your receiver, would it sound better? Do that. Find yourself back on the endless road. Wave to Brian who is driving home with his 23rd speaker for his "wall of sound".

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.