Hi Mark,

My guess is that BSR Screen Recorder replaced or tweaked your video driver completely or it tweaked some registry settings in that area. As above, Safe Mode should use a generic video driver and get you going, so I also suspect something more complex happened as well.

One unlikely solution.
Somebody SUPER-technical regarding Windows could use a Linux startup CD or thumb drive to boot up your PC and poke around the registry, looking for something that could be preventing video in safe mode. Hard drive/data integrity could also be checked in this manner. That being said, spotting something helpful in the registry is more than I would have the patience to do. You need a true Geek before they would be able & willing to go that deep without further clues, at this point.

If it were me, I'd have given up by now and re-installed everything and grabbed my data from my backup. If you don't have a backup, see below for an alternative.

Last Resort data retrieval.
I wouldn't sweat too much about at least retrieving your data. You can use the same 'boot into Linux' method to get access to your hard disks, without having to fix Windows. (Note: this is why your windows passwords are meaningless.)

You could then use Linux to transfer all your data to a portable hard drive. Once your data is safe, you can feel better about any further Hail Mary troubleshooting.

I'm hardly a LINUX Guru but that much, I could probably walk you through over the phone. There are also lots of guides online that step you through this.

It's actually not that hard. I'd be happy to try to walk you through it, although honestly, there is nothing like having a an expert on sight who can actually see what's happening.

One caveat, if you have encrypted your hard drives..... this won't help.

Sorry, not much useful but I hope this helps as a last resort strategy anyways.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.