Originally Posted By: Strider53
So, the VP-180 model Center is about 3 years old? Thanks, I started visiting this Forum approx. 16 months ago and don't have much of a backwards looking knowledge of the speaker lines. With the addition of the LFR and now the M-100 Tower models I'm speculating whether a new Center speaker may be in the works.
I like the idea of adding a second Center above a front projection screen to help center the dialog.
/Jeff

I would suspect that given the size and weight already of the VP160 and especially the 180, I doubt that a new model would be in the works or if one was really needed. You will notice that if you check around there are not too many speaker companies out there that offer really large center channels like these anyway and any that do are usually considerably more expensive.

One thing that did come to mind, however, and I am strictly speculating, of course, is a center channel design much along the lines of the LFR1100 which I suppose could more advantageously accommodate the DSP settings. With drivers front and rear, the problem is how big and heavy would such a speaker be? It would be interesting.