Deep breath my friend...

Assuming that is regular Bondo, then the color seems good in the pictures. Hard to tell what the camera is doing to the color though. It should be about the amount of color as in the Bondo spreaders:

If it is, then you are good. If it is more grey than puke pink, then not so good. I had a mix of both. I ended up having to scrape (not sand) off the grey stuff and go at that part again. The "pink" stuff always felt a little "sticky" to me, even after cured for 24 hours part of that in the hot sun. Once you get down into the sanding a little, it gets a LOT better.

I used my orbital sander and started with the recommended 80 grit. That goes REALLY fast when using new sandpaper so be careful. Then I jumped to 120 grit with the orbital and that felt REALLY smooth. They say that you can prime after that, but I went to 220 grit and my sanding block. Not sure if that was needed. Then I primed tonight. I used a dense foam roller (I really wanted to spray, but was nervous about using a very potent primer/sealer (Zinsser BIN) through my HVLP sprayer. It will need sanding for sure tomorrow and then another coat (which is actually about 2 coats... one horizontal and then another vertical to even it out). After that dries and gets sanded to about 400 grit, toss on the color. For me, I will spray that for sure. 400 grit sand that first coat, and I'll spray a second coat and see how it looks.

So that is my plan based off of what I read, but use whatever pieces you want to.

Note, do NOT cover the whole thing in Bondo like I did. I've spent so much time sanding. I would have been better off doing the nail holes, edges, seams and had the thing painted and assembled by now.

I figured that I wanted to go almost all out on this as a learning opportunity. I learned that I don't want to do that part again. eek

Farewell - June 4, 2020