Originally Posted By: NOLAGT
The sofa will be at least to the floor outlets. So the sides won't be too far on a angle.

Hi NOLAGT. I do this for a living. My $0.02:

1 Dedicated circuit to Sub locations. 20A best for future plans of ultras or similar ilk. (2 locations can share the circuit.)
1 Dedicated circuit to Projector Location. 15A will do.
1 Dedicated circuit for AVR. 15A will do.
1 Dedicated circuit for all other audio visual equipment. ie. TV, bluray player, PS3, turntable etc. 15A will do.
1 Dedicated circuit Bass Shakers. 15A/20A as per load requirement.

I assume your panel will be a typical 2 bus 120/240 single phase setup. It is best to put all of your AV equipment on the same bus. Doing this reduces possible voltage differentials between your equipment due to load fluctuations in your home or at the transformer. Different voltage to ground between AV equipment can introduce noise and unwanted interference. The inductive loads in your house ie. fans, compact flourescents, washing machine, treadmills, in wall vac system etc. should be located on the opposite bus if possible. These types of loads are "noisy" and can result in dirty sine wave behavior. If you use a power conditioner you can avoid this. However, laying out your panel in a HT friendly way will save you $ and headaches in the long run. Of course, a true 3 phase WYE configuration is the only way to truly achieve clean power on a per phase basis... but not in a residential situation.

These methods are used in brodcasting to ensure the cleanest possible power source and resulting transmission signals between equipment. Laying out your dedicated circuits like this seems like overkill perhaps. However, you will leave headroom for upgrades and avoid nuisance voltage sag or inrush tripping in the case of your AVR/Power AMP and future Subwoofers.

Good luck and have fun in your new space!! It looks like you will have a beautiful home. smile