Originally Posted By: KobeeDog
Interesting how the audio hobby can be so subjective.

I don't find the B&W sound, or the tweeters specifically, bright at all, as mentioned.

For a personal frame of reference, I look at my Monitor Audio RS6 ... those were bright speakers with way too much attack with the wrong gear. Also, the Klipsch RF-62's. Man, THOSE are bright. In a lot of ways, the absolute worst speakers I have ever had to endure.

And therein lies the reason why, unless the review is from an average enthusiast that actually owns them and has spent considerable time listening and has no agenda, so-called "professional" reviews, in my opinion, are essentially worthless. Speakers,as you so aptly put, and their performance are very subjective and where one person loves one thing another person does not. It has nothing really do with making comparisons as one being better than the other, it is juist preferences.

I am always intrigued with professional reviews of very expensive, i.e. $15-20,000/pair speakers and up. You will notice that the reviewer always states they sound wonderful BUT, they are never compared directly to anything else especially speakers that might cost considerably less. The same holds true for ultra expensive electronics.