Ok, I know sometimes bigger is better, but not always.
I am still not quite sure, whether towers are better over bookshelves and subs. for movies.
I currently have M80's for my two channel system I run a HK 3490 and it is great for upstairs in the living room.
I only watch TSN and Dr. Phil, Ellen G and music at normal volumn.
I am building/constructing a movie room in my basement. Right now it will house the music room, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, PA, until such time as my daughter moves on to Universit 4 yrs from now. Then, I will convert to a movie room and move the drums to her current tv room area.
I have just built the double wall dividing us and sound proofed it, now onto the ceiling and finish the drop part and I will be done for now. In the meantime I am going to purchase over the next year or two the audio gear for the sound system.

The room is 11.5"w x 18.6"L and 7.5'H
1600sq ft
I think I am going to cure my inabilities and create a dual system and upgrade the M80 to the HP ver or M100 for music only. then possibly create a second system with the bookshelfs and dual subs for movies. My anthem will allow that.
my question for now is, do I really, really need a 2' by 2' by 2' subs ? that taking up about25% of my front stage. and yeh I know the best sound may not be with them front stage, but I really don't want two subs protruding into the middle of my room along a side wall. if I do room correction and the what not I will never notice a difference.

Would two smaller sub's avbout the size of the EP400 or Energy's 10 Verita's be sufficient ? I mean just how much pressure does one need in a smaller room.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4