Originally Posted By: Argon
I have asked this before - a couple of years back - but this time, due to a larger than expected bonus, I have an actual budget. My receiver (a less expensive Yamaha RX-V663) is chronically plagued by a surround channel that does not play. Rarely, one of the mains will drop out as well. When I sit down to a good action movie, I find myself sticking my ear to the guilty surround to verify if it is working. Drives my wife crazy. Once the receiver warms up, the channel will begin working - but I shouldn't have to contend with that - Right? :nudge: RIGHT?? SO....what is the current thinking around here on a good AVR? I welcome all your informed / biased opinions.

We got your back grin What kinda dough we workin with here. Sherbourn is selling their recievers extremely cheap ,not sure if they are a option for you. I have a denon 3311 and a Yamaha RX-A1000 and I think they are both great. Not to hijack this thread but I will be selling my Denon since I have my eyes on a pre/Pro from Yamaha. For me I would go Yammy all the way.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry