Hi,

Unfortunately, professional reviews are important for a product. I remember at the time that I owned an audio-video boutique when I was introducing a new product potential customers were always inquiring if the product had been professionnaly reviewed. The same question I often had to reply to over the phone at Axiom. The reviews create a buzz around and generate interest for a new product.

The challenge for a reviewer is conveying to the readers his impressions (which are highly subjective) of a product. The difficulty comes from the fact that he can't compare what he is hearing to the original creation. He can only compare it to what it sounded on another speaker model, most likely to his reference speaker. A reference speaker which met his personal taste and expectations; not necessarely neutral, uncoloured or accurate.

Another challenge for a reviewer is to find new ways of using words and expressions to deliver his message. He wants to be different and he has to satisfy both the reader and the editor.

Another observation that I made over the years is that the review is written in relation with the price of the product. Often the goal of the review is clearly to justify its ridiculous high price.

Axiom speakers are exceptionally neutral and accurate. So if a reviewer is questionning its bass and/or highs may be, just may be, he should take the opportunity to question and reevaluate the performance of his reference speaker and this time trying not to be influenced by its price.

A professionnal review is nothing more than the opinion of a person and its value is always far less than your own opinion !

Last edited by Jc; 02/20/14 12:44 AM.

jc