Hi guys,

It's not often that I come across something very cool that seems to make modern life a bit more worthwhile, so I wanted to share, FWIW.

Parrot Zik: I just got a pair of these headphones, and if they don't break right away, they are amazing. I mean, some of you may recall I am not exactly a fan of headphones (I've never found a pair I like and I HATE earbuds) but these are something else. Not perfect, not the holy grail, but I never even knew there was a grail before I tried these.

Odd rhetoric aside, the Parrot(s) have seamless bluetooth, with extremely cool gestures/controls, noise cancellation (good for travel and I can listen in bed when I can't sleep without disturbing my wife), and a pretty impressive EQ system which seems to work better than it should, i.e., other software EQs don't seem as smooth and/or noticeable when you adjust the settings.

Of course to you audiophiles the blue tooth and noise cancellation may be a nonstarter, but for convenience which to me is the main concept in headphones, these are pretty killer. They are the first pair of headphones I've found that I can honestly say I don't automatically have buyer's remorse.

Reconnect: from IVL, this supplement somehow helps restore hearing. I've read about research in the Netherlands or whereever has shown that Alpha Lipoic Acid helps prevent age related hearing loss in animals, but along comes a supplement that claims to restore hearing that is already impaired. OK, I'm deaf, so I'll bite. Surprisingly it works: Now my wife is asking me what the dialogue just was in True Detective, rather than the reverse. Maybe it just cleans the wax out of your ears, who knows, but my brothers, it's a good thing.

Axiom: So yes, I wish I could afford the new omnidirectional speakers, but it's hard to feel sorry for myself as I listen to my v2 7.2 M80 Axiom system powered by an Axiom ADA-15000 amplifier. If I ever become rich I will upgrade but I can't help but see myself as the luckiest dog ever with the setup I have, which is more than I deserve.

Cheers,
SK

Last edited by SatKartr; 03/02/14 09:48 AM.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."