Difference is that Dispicable Me (the 1st one) was an animated movie geared towards kids with some "only adults will get this" humor thrown in. That is fine. That is what you expect. Take a big blockbuster movie that *needs* adults to watch it and, while based on what is considered a children's book, much more promoted as a movie that adults would like, and then sprinkle it with "stupid" and that is where I have issue with it. You don't see the "burp and fart" level humor in the previews for The Hobbit movies (at least that I remember), but they are all throughout the movie. In The Lord of the Rings, there was some childish humor, but it came across well as things like the competitive banter between Gimli and Legolas.

Then again, our brains tend to see what we want to and remember the good and bad in a similar manner. I could be completely off on my recollection of all of this and just need to go back to bed after 4 nights of barely any sleep. Although, since I am at work, I don't think that would be advisable right now.

Farewell - June 4, 2020