I got a set of M80 speakers and I really do like them. They sound incredible.

The room that they ultimately would be houses in is not yet finished and won't be for about another 7-8 months.

Part of me however wonders, as the plan was to get a set of speakers and that is it. Done as there is no plans to replace or change anything sort of break repair. I wanted a room setup that I can go into and listen to music and watch movies and simply just be happy.

Now I am pondering, as there was a thread in the HT section where an owner in asia was left unhappy about the sound of his M80 I believe and traded up to the VFR1100. They are quite a bit more money, but when I was looking at speakers I was around that level of cost as I was considering the Paradigm Studio 100 speakers.

The gist of the upgrade by iloveturbo was that his M80 didn't feel full enough on tracks. Well, I do have quite a bit of music and some of it does feel lacking in the dynamic, but other recordings are full and perfect. I don't know if that is due to the recording, the room treatment (as I am trying out the M80 in an untreated/un decorated room that has furniture just hap hazzardly put in it). I am sure that the VFR speakers will sound amazing. The price difference will pretty much kill off the chances of getting a Sub like the EP500 for me.

As I am getting down to the wire on testing and the 30 day return policy, do I pull the plug and return the M80 and move to the VFR1100? (it's about $90 for fedex to ship them back)

The rest of the speaker setup is the V180 center and the QS8 surrounds. Would you upgrade the M80 for a VFR1100 or get a EP500 sub?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5