Now to play along the lines of the conduit. The left hand and the front are both outside walls. As such, there is a blanket insulation running down to 18" above the concrete slab floor. In the past I have ripped that out and then replaced it with rigid insulation against the concrete wall, and then roxhul comfort bats to bring me up to R20.

This house, the previous owner hired a contractor who just put in steel studs around the outside walls and drywall. No insulation was added. I can say that the basement has been dry (non of that damp feeling) and it was pretty warm too. I am thinking of just removing the drywall and filling in the gap with insulation to up the R value, but it will also leave a 2" gap around the bottom 18" directly against the concrete.

I am thinking, that would be perfect gap to run a conduit around with no added requirements. Just put it in.

Are there any down side to having your audio equipment on an outside basement wall? Also, is there any shielding concerns with running multiple cables through a conduit? How about adding speaker cables?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5