Originally Posted By: Jc
Hi Spence,
The Axiom QS surround speaker model is the speaker of choice for "height" applications. All the virtues and qualities of the QS are sollicited and perfectly exploited in this role.

I'm using a pair of Axiom QS8v3 as Height speakers in my system.

Thanks for the replies! Having recently upgraded my M22s to a pair of M60s, I think I'll hold to M22s along with the FMs for eventual use as width channels.

I am holding off on my AVR upgrade until Denim releases their X7200 flagship. I may place my M22s atop of the oak towers of my entertainment center for temporary use as height channel one I upgrade my receiver, then eventually swap out with a pair of QS8s and get the M22s onto the stands and into use as width channel.

Space is tight width-wise (I've got a 75" display with oak entertainment towers to each side of it) with only 4 feet or so before the wall to the left, and stairway to the right, so I may be bringing the left side in close, and deploying to a wide position when needed. The wife will be less than pleased.

My only other option for placement of width channel M22s would be to place them behind my M60s, and face them at 90 degrees out and see of Audyssey can adjust them to still provide a fair width channel. ...I doubt this option would work.

Before (M22) and after (M60) pictures of my system are in the Axiom "Wall of Fame", and you'll see my space issue.

Always open to suggestion. Denon's X7200 isn't due out until Dec, so I've got time.

Regards,
Spence

Last edited by SpenceJT2003; 06/22/14 02:46 PM. Reason: I have M60s, not M80s

Epic 60 - 350 7.1
75" Samsung JU7100
Marantz SR7009
Panasonic DMP-UB900
Dish ViP722K