Originally Posted By: tomtuttle

However, I don't think it's very efficient to have a redundant refrigeration appliance for one gallon (OR LESS) of product.

In the same manner that a coffee machine running all day in the office chews up less energy?
I think refrigeration on this small scale has come a long way. Consider the portable chilling coolers that run off the 12V DC car plugin and have for years.
A small scale fridge is feasible.

Quote:
Likewise, I'm a little skeptical about the CO2 tank/mechanism; I've seen quite a bit of debate as to whether or not the tanks and CO2 available from (for instance) paintball shops is "food grade". So, if the company has to create not only a new packaging method BUT ALSO a new CO2 tank supply chain (at dubious retailers), that's a barrier to success. If they don't get all greedy-insane-proprietary with it like SodaStream, that would be "better" IMO.

I agree here.
They have to package and market a source for pumping the beer.
However, since SodaStream has already successfully marketed such an idea, i think these guys can as well.
I wouldn't make it adaptable to CO2 paintball cartridges, but as long as the cartridges they do design are either reasonably prices OR very long lasting, they will have a market for this product.
Coming from the great Canadian Ontario north country, even where people love to drink nothing but their Coors Light, Blue and Canadian beer, this product could take hold.

As the fellow says, it is the Keurig of the beer world.

How come you didn't think of it Tom?
And how come you didn't tell us about it so we could all become early investors?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."