Originally Posted By: cfarms
Thanks for replying Nickbuol! You have got me thinking that my M60s may be enough for my room size and that what I need is to upgrade the center! I really do believe that if I upgraded the center speaker that I would be happy with my system. Now to decide between the VP160 or the VP180! Any thoughts from anyone? Thank you!

Back about a year ago I moved from a VP160 to VP180 for no other reason than the fact that I got a good trade in value for the 160 plus Axiom had a sale on custom finishes so I purchased a custom high gloss black finish 180. I also had a VP150 previously and I can say beyond any shadow of doubt the upgrade from the 150 to the 160 was much more significant than moving from the 160 to the 180. Both of the latter are large full-range speakers with slightly different speaker configurations. The VP160 has the vertical array of tweeter over mid-range which according to the "experts" gives this set-up slightly better wide angle dispersion than the VP180 and my SPL meter measurements would tend to confirm those thoughts, however, realistically, no matter what other speakers you have, you can't go wrong with either. It is just a matter of space, weight and personal preference.