I'll ditto Josh's sentiment. I love my projector. For $900, I have a movie theater in my living room.....soon to be in my basement. Once you come to the FP side of the world, you won't go back.

As far as options go, there are many alternatives out there. As stated above, ProjectorCentral.com is a stellar resource. The AVS Forums also have a wealth of knowledge on projectors. For under $1K, you can get the Infocus X1 which is pound for pound the best bang for your projector buck. For a little bit more, you get into the Sanyo Z1 & L300 zone. Then, if budget isn't as much an issue, you can stretch and get something like the HS10/20. If HD isn't a huge priority and budget is a concern, I would highly recommend the X1. I've gone toe to toe w/ an HS10 on DVD.....but got creamed on HD content. It's all about what your application is. I've seen the L300, but can't comment on the Z1 and the newer Z2 & L500. As you see, there are a ton of choices. I would poke around the above references to get some education. ProjectorCentral is, again, a great place to start.

Good Luck