I have no problem with liking vinyl. it does sound very different to a digital copy in there is an added sound to it that makes you know it's vinyl. There is that emotional connection to vinyl and a physical presence that makes it different. I do enjoy listening to it in that form.

My comment was more on the video that was linked in the OP. If we are trying to get the music as close to the original concept that the artist had envisioned and heard with their master recording, then we would all be listening to 1" reel to reel tape recorded at 15ips. But as it was said in the video, we are slaves to convenience ad a pressed album is far easier to use than a large spool reel to reel tape player. Lots of us grew up with buying a vinyl album, and recording it to micro cassette tape to listen to. CD actually has a better SNR and DR over vinyl but in the process exposed how tracks were mixed in the vinly days. The job of the producer/mixer was to make the best possible sound for the medium it was recorded to. When CD came along they directly dumped expecting it just to sound better, but as CD had a cleaner floor and ceiling, so background noise was suddenly reviled. A vinyl album is around 50-60db SNR where a CD is up at 90-100db. Go to 24bit recording and you can get up to 144db of SNR.

If we are trying to get to that nirvana of sound, then a lossless digital recording is where we want to be.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5