I'm still waiting on my next upgrades. I want the new Blu-ray specs to be final with discs already rolling out (potentially holiday season next year) before I do any major component purchases, with the exception of the display. I need a new TV to tide me over until 80"+ UHD TVs are affordable. I'll probably just get the biggest Sharp AQUOS 1080P I can from Costco in the meantime.

My advice would be to hold out a little longer (well, a year might be more than a little longer if you have the itch right now) if you've already held out this long. Can I ask what the major motivation for upgrading now is? The newer lossless soundtracks? I suppose that would actually be worthwhile, and I'd personally go for the new receiver over the new Oppo player. But I'd go for a mid-range level as opposed to higher-end, simply because of the upcoming Blu-ray standard.

I know they'll keep working on new standards and features, but UHD, 4K Blu-ray, and Atmos are all things I want in my next set of upgrades. This just isn't the year I would tell other people to spend big on HT.