Thanks All!

I'll respond to Serenity's specific questions.

Originally Posted By Serenity_Now

A) With all those receptacle drops are you considering powered monitors down the road? Would be cheaper/better than going monoblocks everywhere maybe.

B) Any data drops in the room?

C) AV cabinet/closet planned?

D) Sound isolation?

E) The shelving dividers should add some nice front to back flutter control.

F) Not sure, all that carpet may suck the "air" out of the room and leave a heavy perceived bottom end.

G) Any renders or drafting plans to share?

A) There are a lot of outlets smirk. Note the outlets at floor level are switched for led lighting transformers. Got carried away a bit, but it gives flexibility in placement. The bare wires at ceiling level are for a ring of fluorescents. The receptacle drops that you are referring to would allow for powered monitors, or amps at the speaker location. Probably, I'll do neither any time soon. The surround, rear surround, and front height are going to be QS8's, QS8's, and M2's. I'll be welding a 1' drop down support, and if desired later, a bolt on attachment to hold the very light Outlaw 2200 amps. They are relatively cost efficient per channel, and allow for balanced inputs, and I would already own very nice speakers. But, the expense for 6 channels is not negligible, and it is very likely that I will never feel the need for the "upgrade".

B) Yes, Ethernet cable comes in at the main equipment location.

C) No closet. A welded equipment rack will wall mount at the main cable junction.

D) No clips or green glue or that sort of stuff. Just insulation, heavy fire code sheetrock, caulking on joints, etc. There is a double wall at the back on the portion to the right of the door, but that was just an "accident" of the existing framing.

E) I think maybe so. Nice diffusive element, perhaps.

F) I've been mildly concerned about this. Open to thoughts. But, there are still plenty of hard surfaces, including the screen wall and the huge amount of shelving. Plus, there are some bass absorbing treatments planned at corners & helping with the first reflection point. The thought has been that with 9.2 in a modestly sized room I certainly don't want long decay times. It is possible this goes too far in the other direction. Note that the solution was chosen not only for acoustics but also aesthetics & as an alternative to having to texture the walls wink . I should do some reading.

G) No, we didn't do anything like that. There are a few hand drawn sketches from the brainstorming / planning. Could possibly post those down the road.

Cheers - DSQ

Last edited by DrStrangeQuark; 06/24/15 02:50 PM.