Hi, My Denon x4000 AudysseyXT32 consistently sets my rear surround QS8 speakers at a cross-over of 200Hz. At the same time, Audyssey sets my R/L surround QS8s at 150Hz.

Audyssey should be identifying the speakers' roll-off frequency according to what Audyssey is telling me. This concerns me for 3 reasons.

1) The two settings are different for the surrounds/back sets of QS8s suggesting the two sets of QS8s v3 are performing differently.

2)Both sets appear to be performing significantly above (worse than) the advertised frequency response. They should start rolling-off around 100Hz or so.

3) I can detect a higher pitch in the right back surround compared to the others during the AudysseyXT32 test which could support a defect argument along with 1)

Has anyone had a similar experience? For those using AudysseyXT32 with the QS8s, what are your cross-overs automatically set at.

I've always felt that my QS8 speakers sounded very tinny to the point where its difficult to listen when playing 2 channel audio through Multi Channel Stereo.

Should I be considering getting the one speaker exchanged? Is it possible all 4 of my QS8s are defective? I bought them as factory seconds.

Cheers,

2)

Last edited by mrihar; 11/13/15 09:04 PM.