Originally Posted By Mojo
You want some sound to bounce back. Trust me. You don't want to be in an anechoic chamber when you're listening to music. Serenity_Now fixed me up real good and my 10 X 10 X 8, 2.1-channel room now sounds better than my 4800 cubic foot theatre room (at least for music). At a fraction of the cost to boot smile.

Treating the room for stereo music only vs home theater are totally different from what everyone says. You really do not want the sound from front speakers to bounce back to you from back and side walls in home theater setup. This is why they recommend panels at ear height while seated so you don't hear the reflected sound toward you, but its fine if it goes above your head since it won't be distracting. My room is bright sounding with bare walls and hardwood flooring on concrete slab. Gonna treat them to remove echos at least. Just about every room will benefit from treatments someway or another, just some rooms require much more than others.

Wait....isn't that how Ian listen to his music....in an anechoic chamber???

Axiom M60s, VP150, QS8s, EP500 -- Rotel 1075 & 1068 -- Panasonic BDT500 -- Panasonic 60S60