I am not in a good mood with Axiom right now. I cannot believe how they could cock up what would be an exceptional amp with such sub standard parts (relay) that it cannot function right with a 12v trigger.

The ADA amp doesn't come with a trigger in and out like the EP sub woofers that Axiom makes. This means that if your pre-amp only has a single 12v trigger output, you are going to need to split the signal wire into two or more.

My Anthem AVM60 has just a single 12v - 40ma connector on the back. this is perfectly good enough to trigger the two EP500 amps that I have connected in either daisychain using the trigger in/out ports on the back, or even using a splitter to run separate wires to each sub. They work perfect.

The ADA on the other hand, if you try and split the output so that you get two 3.5mm plugs, then the 12v trigger doesn't work. If I even try to run the 12v trigger off the output port from EP500, the ADA doesn't work. This is just SHODDY WORKMANSHIP OR SUB STANDARD PARTS/DESIGN. I fear it is the latter as the same problem is had by both the ADA unit that I have.

For a pair of amps that cost me over $3000 for, I would have expected far much more from Axiom that what they delivered. in my books, they sound great but one star for functionality when you can't even get a 12v trigger designed properly.

Sorry Ian. The truth sometimes stings!

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5