Peter,

I must tell you again what a great joy it was to have you over and you are welcome anytime. I don't have any local friends who really understand my audio hobby/obsession so it is always a delight to have someone over who shares the passion. It was such a laid back relaxing time. You were so easy to talk to it felt like having an old friend over.

Yes, I admit that I was initially awe struck by your physical presence upon first glance. For those of you who haven't met Peter, I'm 6'1" and he towered over me with a very trim and fit statuesque profile worthy of a DiVinci sculpture. Why, if I were a young woman in search of a strapping young man of good breeding stock…uh…never mind. BTW, that La-z-y Boy is an oversized model but you fit in it quite nicely.

In reply to:

About 2 hours in, his wife came home. Now, my immediate instinct when a woman comes home is to reach for the remote and turn down the volume. After he introduced me, he assured me the volume was not a problem and we resumed. You are a very lucky man, Mike, but I think you know this.

Thanks for the kind words here Peter. I’m truly a rich man in this respect.

In a way, I’m sorry that we didn’t have time to compare the KEFs & Axioms & Maggies but then hooking up and unhooking all that stuff would have taken away from our listening time. Perhaps the next time we’ll do some component/speaker comparisons if there is time to spare.

I hope you enjoy the Texas wines and the bluegrass cd (you might enjoy the bluegrass more after a half a bottle of that Texas wine). BTW, did you have a chance to visit Sushi’s hideout?

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.