I have checked over the DSP knobs, and the crossover knob is at “0”; the boundary compensation knob is at “off” ( the Actives are 14’ from the wall behind them.)

The AVR is configured with the front speakers set to “large” and the sub woofer turned off; this automatically turns off the crossover as well, for obvious reasons.

I also checked all of the wiring, and there’s a lot to check, and all of the connections are wired in phase.

All of that being said, I think this speakers are coming around a bit, or maybe its just my ears. I played the Holly Cole song “I Can See Clearly Now” and the acoustic bass that it starts with was very nice. I also played that Nils Lofgrin live piece that you all were talking about, bass and drum intro, and the bass was very much present, mid level a bit more than the lower end, but still had nice impact. BTW, you may want to check out another song from that live album, “Keith Don’t Go.” That will knock your socks off! The Actives just flat out shine, and I was only using YouTube via AirPlay off my IPad.

So, I think we’ll get there. I may have to play around with the positioning a bit, and remember that the room is large with high ceilings and open to the kitchen on one side.