I've been reading this board for over six months, but haven't bought the Axiom speakers...yet! My audiophile friend is cringing at me for not getting to listen to these first. However, I feel confident that they will sound very pleasing. Please tell me they are worth the upgrade from my Infinity RS-4's (which don't sound too bad, but perhaps a bit dull...I wish for speakers to provide more detail). Also, has anyone heard the Boston Acoustics VR-M60's? For some reason, I'm imagining the Axioms to sound like these since they both have tweeters and woofers made out of similar material. I liked the Boston's sound, but not enough to justify their price (they are bookshelf speakers at $1000/pair). I suppose part of their price is due to their wood cabinets (which I don't care about).

So, what Axioms do I choose? I really want to get the M60's because they are a full range speaker. However, I wonder if they would be appropriate considering that I can only have them 5 1/2 ft apart. The room really isn't small, but one wall is totally open and this is the ONLY way given the rest of the layout along with a 61" TV, furniture, windows, doors, etc to deal with. Someone else here has mentioned that the M60's should be at least 8 ft apart. Well, I already have a subwoofer, so I'm wondering if the M22's would be the better alternative. How much detail would I be missing by choosing the M22's?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help!
Mary

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD