Originally Posted by Mojo
I bought my 55" Sharp 4 years ago for $499 from Visions. Six months prior, one of my buddies bought an $1800 LG. When he saw and played with mine, he went to Visions and bought two. His LG was relegated to the guest room.

My FWB bought a 55" TCL with Roku from Amazon a year ago for $499. $100 more would have bought the same with more brightness but she doesn't need it. She returned her $900 LG which was slow and not as clear. She's been very happy.
Not to always say price matters but from what i've both seen and read with low cost TVs, price matters. For the average Joe who thinks a TV is a TV then fine, buy a cheap unit. They won't care anymore than they would if they bought a $400 HTIB and thought it sounded as good as anything else in the world.

That being said, the price on Samsung quantum dot LEDs has dropped so much that i saw a 75" version for $1500 recently. Even their top of the line stuff is thousands cheaper than OLED and they are some damn nice looking screens. It had me very tempted but i have to be honest with myself and know that i hate the downsides to LED tech, i see it and am reminded of it every time i turn on the main floor Sony.
I'm not buying LED for the media room.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."