I mocked up QS stands for a friend - was thinking about something really simple, just a base plus a vertical 1x6 or whatever was wide enough to hold the wall mount bracket that comes with the QS speakers. The base could be a single piece of wood as well as long as you had a solid connection with the vertical and a brace/fillet between base and vertical.

Made a prototype with a couple of pieces of scrap wood and it seemed to work at least as well as the soup cans. The base was positioned mostly forward of the vertical so the center of gravity ends up centered on the base.

I used pocket screws between vertical and base, plus regular screws driven through vertical and base into the brace/fillet along with a bit of glue.

Always thought it would look better with two narrower verticals rather than one wide one. You could also probably do something slick with the brace/fillet by making it at a narrow angle so it goes further up the vertical rather than the 45 degree brace I used. Using taller braces would also make it easy to run a horizontal board between the braces for stability if you used two narrow verticals rather than one wide one.

Last edited by bridgman; 10/31/20 04:19 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8