Originally Posted by Mojo
I always assumed the on-walls were garbage. I couldn't have been more wrong. The real wood veneer makes them look like art. It's also quite nice to get the speakers off the floor and open the space up.

Here's a shot of the M2OW in my living room and a close-up. They have ports on the bottom to extend the bass response.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Back a couple of months ago in order to shrink the footprint of my rather "busy" A/V system, I bit the bullet and replaced my VP180 V3 and my L/R M80 V2's with an OW VP180 and 2 M5 OW for my L/R set-up and now after a period of time listening, compared to the previous arrangement, in terms of sound and capabilities, I really gave up little or nothing in the process. Although I was originally looking at the larger M60 or M80OWs, considering the considerable price differential and with my set-up I didn't have the wall space anyway, the HP woofer in the M5s made up for alot of that differential in size. In any case, I took some of the money I saved and had all three OWs built in the piano glossy black, look great.

Since this set-up is used almost exclusively for video, I really can' give a comparison to the previous set-up with music, however, I am sure it would be more than adequate. I am still amazed at the technology and what still can be accomplished with sound design "without the big box". Now other than my subs and, of course, equipment racks, there are no speakers on the floor in my 9.2 system.

Last edited by casey01; 12/11/20 03:26 PM.