I was curious as to how much power i am actually using in my room with the M5HP speakers. Just for the fun of it, I hooked up a Kill-A-Watt meter to the outlet that I plugged the pair of AudioSource Amp One/A. As they are rated at 80watts continuous each channel, so with my setup it should peak at around 320 watts.

The room is about 120 sq-ft. so it doesn't take too much to fill the room with sound. On my Decibel meter it is reading around the 72-75db that is plenty loud enough for me.

The Amp One/A are a A/B class amp, so they consume about 25watts each in idle according to the Kill-A-Watt meter. What I found interesting was with most music they only peak to around 30-35watts. I did get them up to a whole 42watts playing some Green Day.

But right now I am listening to Led Zeppelin, A whole lot of Love, and it's averaging around 28watts peaking up to 31 every so often. So its quite interesting that I really don't need for my listening experience that much power. Now I know there might be some instant power requirements that might peek to a higher instant wattage requirement that is much higher but is so fast the Kill-A-Watt meter can't measure it. That can also be that the Amp One/A does have what looks like a big Toroidal power supply so i don't think it's starving for power and can provide the peaks without stressing the power input.

Just find it rather interesting

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5