I've noticed quite a lot of bickering and name calling around here lately.

Quite frankly, it doesn't do me any good. Anonymously berrating each other really does no good on a forum like this. I know that when we get hobbiest/enthusiasts/audiophiles all packed into the same room, with differing backgrounds, ideas and opinions, that we are bound to disagree. But when we begin name calling (called the "ad hominem" fallacy - which is attacking the person instead of his argument, and an invalid means of arguing), the forum degenerates into a worthless pile.

Honestly, it does me no good to open up the internet and come to the chat rooms, find 25 unread posts abotu topics that I think that I haev interest in, only to find out that you knuckleheads ("ad hominem" fallacy) have been ridiculing each other all weekend.

Please, I suggest that we all do one of two things:
(1) Let people have their opinion, graciously disagree, and move on with the post topic.

or

(2) Start a new thread, entitled "I hate your opinion" or something catchy like that, and berrate each other on your own time.

I like to keep up with what is said around here. Mostly, because I dont' have opinions, since I am so new at this, and still learning. When I have to wade through pages of off-topic posts, it is a waste of all of our time.

So, please, b*tch at each other on your own time. Privately IM one another if you have this unquenchable desire to fight. But keep it out of otherwise helpful and legitimate posts, for all of our sakes.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh, and I welcome any disagreement/agreement that you may have on this matter, as this, to me, woudl be a good place (OFF TOPIC, that is) to have it at each other.