A large can of worms indeed......but were to start???

**Please note - opinions here are solely my own (like anyone else would want them!). Your mileage may vary**

All things being equal, if greater money is applied to the material and engineering aspects of audio gear, theoretically the end product "should" be better than a price constrained model.

However, as we all know, this is not the truth.....by any stretch of the imagination. While I am the first one on this board to classify myself as an audiophile "snob", I have the sense to realize this can be true, but is not always true. I would venture to say that there are more lower cost products that are garbage than higher cost - and cost is subjective to the individual consumers monetary situation, as well as subjective audio judgements, and what they are considered, midfi, hifi, lowfi.

So, on to my list - and I will include companies in general at all levels:

Polk, Carver (I once spoke to people inside Carver who termed most of the "innovations" touted as "Bobism's) Verity Speakers, Infinity, AMC, Anthem,....I jsut realized I could go on with models in lineups that are substandard to the rest of that mfg'ers line.......

...and if we wanted to include all pieces in a system, boy would that swell!!!

A company that has the resources, engineering power and market share to have excellent quality products marketed - and yet has delivered nothing I would consider quality (at any level) Sony. If they ever decide to enter the hifi market....watch out, they could take over! But I suspect they are in the market segment that provides the greatest movement of product.