Originally Posted by TrevorM
I think you might be weighting this olive score too heavily.

Buy a dsp and start horsing around with shaping response. Report back.

I could be weighing the score too much. But I'd rather tweak a neutral loudspeaker to my tastes and my room than tweak it to fix an inherent design flaw.

Since posting my room layout in the Axiom gallery last month, I decided to revisit my Onkyo's AccuEQ program. I disabled the Cinema Filter (which cuts treble to the center channel) and the -6dB treble toggle of the surround speakers, moved the surround left speaker into the corner, and reran the room calibration. AccuEQ reduced the brightness of those channels by the same level as I would have tweaked them manually. And repositioning the surround speaker means the lounge chair is now a viable listening position without making any adjustments. I'd love to try Dirac, ARC or Audyssey one day to see what I'm missing.

On a side not, I found a thread on ASR written 3 years ago that was asking the same thing about Paradigm:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what’s-the-deal-with-paradigm-speakers.8927/

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"