Totally agree on all that. I was considering buying a second transformer. We have 2 in ceiling stereo setups that are pre wired into the house. One in kitchen and one out on the deck. Speakers are in place and wiring comes to the internet phone cable junction box in the basement. I was considering putting a transformer there but it’s too clunky. And I think my wife would also not use it if it were not easy to use.

I’m not sure what else to use in place of that. I was thinking even just a 2 zone integrated blue tooth capable unit like a Denon with heos or a Yammie with Music cast. Keep it simple.

Anyway, yes the ui needs work. I have concerns with volume control sometimes too. So I usually control it physically vs digitally so I don’t risk it.

I also find sometimes I need to reset it twice ( turn off on power) to make it connect from being off for awhile. ( I turn it off in when it’s in our bedroom bc those blue leds are super bright ). When I just leave it on it’s fine it stay connected.

On the positive side when I run Spotify connect it works flawlessly and is responsive. And I will say the DAC is really good. It sounds very good streaming high quality files. I haven’t heard a ton of different dacs but the transformer sounds excellent in my opinion.

I think eventually ( after buying a new DAc / steamer / network player for great room ) the transformer will end up living in the bedroom setup.

You could work for Axiom remotely and fix the software and get staff discounts! Do it! In your spare time right. ?

Cheers.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595